Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Priming sticks and Holder

Hello,

I finally got to try out my new gadget. This past Christmas I decided to try my hand at making some priming sticks, and a holder for them to go into. Between me and my brother, we knocked this out in about a hour and a half.

Photobucket
This is a pic of the stick it self. Just some scrap wood from my paint shelf I built, with a handle made from one of those cheap sponge brushes you can find at your local mega-mart. Just pull off the foam saw the top flat and attach with a screw to the board.

Photobucket
This is a pic of the holder, I call it a priming box, but its not quite a box.

Photobucket
Box and stick together

Photobucket
This is all of it together, I made three of them, mainly because that was all the scrap wood I had.

Photobucket
A in use shot, with my deathwing being primed. I used bluetack to keep the models in place. I should have tried this sooner, works very well. Not nearly as much primer on my hands as I used to get, just a light dusting, instead of white and black fingers.
No more plain 'ol boxes for me.

Photobucket
Even fits Dreads.

later ogre