Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Orks...

Hello,

So I have been working on a 40K in 40 mins Ork list. The list criteria is as follows.

500 Pts total
*No Unit/Model may bear a 2+ Armor Save*
*No Unit/Model may hold a 1+/2+/3+ Invulnerable Save (standard, in Close Combat, or Psychic/Special Ability)*
*No Unit/Model may have more than 3 Wounds*
*No Armor may have a sum value more than 33 (Front+Side+Rear)*
*No Named Special Characters*
*Must include 1 Troop Choice

So after looking at this and realizing nothing I was working on or had ready fit in the restrictions. I went to the store and stared at the wall for a bit. I decided to run Orks so I could paint some Killa Kans. The List I decided on with some help from the guys at the store is.

20 Slugga Boyz
2 Big Shootas
1 Nob with Boss Pole and Power Klaw

10 Grots with Runtherder

2 Killa Kans
1 Rokkit Launcher
1 Grotzooka

2 Killa Kans
1 Rokkit Launcher
1 Grotzooka

2 Killa Kans
1 Rokkit Launcher
1 Grotzooka

500 pts on the dot.


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Everything fully assembled


Photobucket

Everything Primed

So I was working on a color scheme, and figured I would start around the Kans. After looking around and picking a choosing from several tutorials I came up with this.


Photobucket

Basecoated with Boltgun Metal


Photobucket
Photobucket

I went through and Painted several different color metals on in random spots to add to the scrap heap ork look.


Photobucket
Photobucket

Stippled The metal with Macharius Solar Orange


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Washed with a 50/50ish mix of Devlan Mud/Badab Black


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Then coated some plates with a 50/50 mix of Mordian Blue/Bleached Bone.

I chose the blue due to the amount of orange in the rust and color of the metal. How do ya'll think It came out, I like it myself.


So I guess I am doing DeathSkulls...

Later