As you can see from my last post I failed in my 65 day challenge. Not that this is the end of the world by any means. I will continue to work on them. Though I did learn a few things.
1. Even with a arbitrary dead line I can be Lazy.
2. I get bored doing nothing but building, I need to vary it up
3. Save some incentive models to break up the grind. I built all the fun characters
before getting into the meat of the list.
4. Don't give up just change the goal and continue working.
So I did finish building the Stormravens and even got the cockpits painted up.
I also messed around with one of my spare Astroths. and came up with this
So I will continue with this and see how long it takes to get finished. I really want to get to my Tomb Kings.
I also signed up for a couple things.
1. A 40K in 40 mins tournament. Double elimination and take place over the course of the next couple months. I am bringing orks which I will have for my next update.
2. A BFG campaign. BFG is a great game and its been forever since I played. I was going to do Tyranids, but since it is starting in a few weeks I think I am going to take Tau. I dug around and found a few of my old fleets.
I dunked both fleets in simple green to update the color schemes and get ready for the campaign.
So next week I will put up my 40K in 40 mins ork list and hopefully some painted models.
I also bought my last few metal models from the store before the went to the finecast
A couple of Astroths. One to assemble as the Character and one to have in case I need and other jump pack. I will miss the metal. hopefully the finecast will get better with time. I have read some awful QC issues. But here is to hoping.