Friday, September 9, 2011

StormEaters Rise Again...

Hello again,

Damn three posts in a week, That's some kind of record for me. So this past weekend was the release of the next 8ed Warhammer army book



Photobucket


Ogre kingdoms, which was my third completely painted army (and if rumors are true, when necrons come out in the fall, all three of my first armies will have been re-released).

So I am excited about this new release. I needed something to get my juices flowing again for Warhammer. I will leave the reviews of the book and new units to some of the larger sites on the web like: 

http://www.ogrestronghold.com
http://warhammer.org.uk

I pulled out my army case early last week to take stock of what I have.


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


Pretty good sized army.  I decided I did not like the basing, being one of my original armies.  All it was is Woodland Scenics  ballast glued to GF9   magnetic bases.  So I picked up a bunch of 40 mm bases and added magnets to 'em.  and tried some stuff I got a while back from SkullCrafts.  The Black texture paste, to be exact.  This is a pic of my old base on the left and a half finished new base on the right


Photobucket
Photobucket


So far I like the new base, but I am waiting on some different colors of static grass to come in to finish it off. I also am glad I got my cookbook for colors or I would never match the original scheme.  (which gives me a idea for a post for next week)  The only problem is I have to update, due to the GW inks being OOP.

I also made a early trip into work and grabed this on Saturday (took me two stores)



Photobucket


I think I am going to pick up a battalion at some point, so I can put together a horde unit.

Later