Friday, September 23, 2011

Working on some bases...

Hello,

I have spent the past few days working on some new bases for my ogres.  I have been using some new stuff I found in my cabinet.  A while back I ordered a basing kit from Skullcrafts.  This kit included what he calls black texture paste.  I am trying this material out instead of my usual concrete patch.

So far I like using this stuff.  It is a lot easier to work with than the concrete patch.  It leaves a similar texture, and is easier to spread and smooth out.  I did find one minor quibble with my first batch I did.  I found that I did not spread the paste as evenly as I would have liked.  I ended up with this.

 




Photobucket


Very patchy, If I remember correctly it did not look that bad when i put it on. So I need to go back and fill in some of the more glaring gaps. I did some figuring and decided the problem was that I was spreading a black paste on a black base.(brilliant deduction I know)
So I very lightly primed the bases with white primer(Duplicolor FTW).




Photobucket


Doing this made spreading the second batch much easier.




Photobucket


But know I am out of paste, I am waiting on my order to come in from Skullcrafts,  I also ordered some static grass from them.  They have a better selection of colors then I can normally find around town.

Later