Thursday, December 15, 2011

New Picture Setup...

Hello,

Okay so I have been working on some things and will have to put up pics of them soon.  I had completed a Blood Angel Battalion that I converted into Death Company.  I took a few pics and they didn't turn out as well as I would have liked.





Photobucket

Pic with old set up.

This picture is not horrible, but it does not look as good as I would have liked.  So I have spent the last few weeks looking at different ways to take pics.

I wanted something that would be easy to store and easy to use.  I had bought one of those mini collapsible photo booths, but I only used it a few times.  Its bigger than I wanted and took a bit of space to set up.




Photobucket


I really wanted something that could be set up in my painting cabinet and then pulled down when I was done.  I looked at using cloth backgrounds, but could not find a color of cloth I liked.  I had decided on using painted foam board and just setting that up and pulling it down.

So having decide to try out the foam board I went up to my local evil empire mega mart and was looking around.  I started off looking at spray paint for the boards, but could not find a nice color.  I then stumbled across this







Photobucket


Cheaper than the spray paint and some different colors with a internal brush to boot.

Then I grabbed a tripod for my camera. A gorilla pod or something like that, I already tossed the packaging


Photobucket


So I went to grab my foam board and stumbled across these




Photobucket


These looked promising, and I didn't even have to cut em to fit. Even better

So I tried out the color testers on a extra board




Photobucket


and decided on which color to tryout.

And got everything set up



Photobucket



So this is what my pics looked like before




Photobucket




Saguinary Guard Test Scheme 1


And these are taken with the new setup with painted canvas background




Photobucket




Photobucket


Much better if you ask me, what do ya'll think?

So I will be going back and retaking pics of my Death Company and posting them up next week.

Later