Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Harbingers of Transmogrification...


So continuing on building my royal court. I decided to build some Harbingers of Transmogrification, Or Tremorteks.
As before the main model is based off the Lychguard/Praetorian Box and the Immortal/Deathmark box.

These are the parts I used. A shield and staff from the Lychguard/Praetorian box, a dimensional beamer bit from the wraith box, and the control seat from the command barge.

This is what I ended up with after trimming.

For these I just used the immortal torso and a deathmark head. So I will go back and liquid green stuff the joints and shoulders when I get all of the models I am currently working on finished.
Next up either stormteks or dispairteks...


Thursday, February 21, 2013

Harbingers of Destruction...


So I have been working on converting models for my Royal Court. These are my takes on the various crypteks. I have borrowed and taken inspiration from several different place around the net, cause lets face it, the stock cryptek model sucks.

So first up is the Harbingers of Destruction or LanceTeks.

I decided to kit-bash all my crypteks from a couple different necron kits. The main model is based off the Lychguard/Praetorian Box and the Immortal/Deathmark box. This is then flavored with bits from different kits.

These are the bits I used for the Eldritch Lance. Arms from the Praetorian box, a dimensional beamer and particle caster bit from the wraith box, and a deathmark gun.

After trimming this is what I was left with, the central staff, the round base off the dimensional beamer, the majority of the particle caster (only trimmed the crosspiece off the base) and the barrel of the deathmark gun.

For these I used the Deathmark torsos, cause I think they look pretty slick with the giant lance staff look. As far as putting the lance together it was just a matter of gluing them together. and making sure they lined up straight (which is the most difficult part). When I get em all together I will go back and run a few bead of liquid green stuff to smooth the joins. I also used the deathmark heads to fit in with the codex art, so all my crypteks will feature those.

I also used two of the resurrection orb bits from the command barge, these will count as Solar Pulses if I decide to run them. You can see one on the far right, which is still waiting on his lance. I need another set of arms to finish him off.


Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Moving right along...

Hello again,

So I have been making progress on my necrons. I have built 2 stalkers and 9 wraiths. I almost screwed up my two stalkers. I put the bodies together weeks ago around xmas and never got back around to finishing them. I managed to get the first stalker assembled with no problems, the second not so much. On the second one I managed to put all the leg sockets facing the same way. It took me a few minis to realize this when I was placing the legs for dry fitting. After a few choice words I tried to repair it. I was unable to get the body separated without completely destroying it. So out somes the razor saw.

I then put pins into to body and drilled holes into the sockets to hold them in place

A bit of greenstuff and some sanding, crisis adverted.

So a pic of the new assembled stuff.

Oh and I really hate assembling wraiths, so many little round parts, and those blasted whips break easily. I am gonna pick up one more box to make two full squads, I don't know If I will do the third full squad.

And a teaser pic of what my next assembly project is...