Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Face-palm...



Well I now know why it looked alot darker than I was remembering, I used the wrong mix of ink...

Damnit, now i get to repaint the blue again, at least I caught it before the water effects. Thats what I get from trying to do it from memory instead of looking at my cookbook.

Later,

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Last Pics before the H2O effects go on....

Afternoon,

So I finished the painting on the display board last night



The blue ended up alot darker than I was expecting, but I will continue and see what happens.

Also finished priming up the last bit of my built necrons.



So tonight will be getting the bases up to speed with the board and doing water effects all at one so i dont waste to much. Also I need to clean up the desk so I can start painting. What to do first Wraiths or Spyders...

Later,


Monday, June 17, 2013

Monday morning update...

Morning or actually early afternoon,

I got some more work done on the Display board. The lander is pretty much done except for some final blood red highlights and the final wash.



I also starting work on the couple of croissants of death that I have.



Next up a final wash on the lander then sleep.

later,

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Greenstuffing in progress...

Morning,







Should be the last coat of greenstuff for this batch. I will let it dry till this afternoon, and then sand em down and prime after finishing up the yardwork.

also got the first coat of inks on the crashed lander



I also am putting together a few new backgrounds, trying out a idea i had while looking for backgrounds a few weeks ago. I just need another set of the canvas and one more color to get one more set and see how they work.




Later,

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Armies on Parade 2013...



Morning,

Was as you can guess from the title I have decided to enter Armies on Parade at the end of the month. I have been wavering back and forth between getting something together for a WHFB tournament or continuing on with my necrons. I decided to skip the tournament and get on with the necrons (tired of having alot of half finished projects around).

So my original idea was to get a hold of the FW Downed thunderhawk tile


(still a slick tile)

But between the time constraints and not really wanting to drop money on a experiment. Yes, a experiment, I am going to see if I can pull off the cracked ice look on a entire 2 X 2 tile. I was digging around and found this.



I had forget all about this, so I will be using this instead of the FW tile. I already had a 2 X 2 square from last year I didn't use. So that meant all I needed was some edges and some foam board. I went with a 3/8 X 3/8 X 24 bass square lengths and glued them along the edges.






(Double Stacked that is)


(Glued and clamped)

I also played around with a possible layout to see what all I wanted to get painted.


(Yes those are StormTalons, my Croissants of Death ain't assembled just yet)

I went with Double stacked edges so If this works I can add the Forge world tiles by sanding down the edges and placing them into the frames. Since this was a regular tile I needed to fill it up some some it would not take as much water and ice. so I cut down two pieces of regular foamboard and glued them down with gorilla wood glue.


(Bonus of being Hurricane season meant I had something to use for weighs around)

After I glued down the terrain and let it set up, I used some spackle and went around the edges of the board and terrain to seal them and smooth out the edges a bit. Not alot of smoothing because this will all be covered by ice.



I then primed everything in grey for the basecoat


(Just some broke up Sential parts from my Sacrificial bitz box till fill up the interior)

And a gratuitous priming parting shot



So that's were I am at the moment. Now, it off for some frozen pizza and greenstuffing of Immortal shoulders.

Later