Tuesday, December 31, 2013

First steps in a Circle completed...

Evening,

      Well here we are at the end of another year, I hope everyone had a safe and happy holiday, and stays safe tonight while they are celebrating the new year.  I will be at work...

Anyways  I got one more set of pics for 2013, I managed to finish the first batch of Circle models this morning.  I ended up having to varnish these.  I don't know what was going on but these models chipped like no ones business.  I used brush on varnish, one coat of gloss followed by a matte coat.  I dont really care for it, it dulls the colors and there are still spots on some models that are glossy, but I am moving on for now.  Oh, and yes I know there is a bit of frosting on some of the mannikins, I may go back and fix em later, its not as noticeable in hand.

Marking the Arcs

I decided to paint the base edge stone and mark the front arcs in black

Shifting stones

Second unit, all my duplicate and triplicate will have skulls on the back of the base from SCW.
Duplicates will have one skull, Triplicates will have two skulls.
I will use some GW transfers to mark skulls on the cards.

another shot

Close up (Ohhh exciting)

Stone Warden

Stone warden rear


Stone warden with his stones

Wold Guardian rebased and with marked arcs

another shot

and another

Sentry stone and Mannikins

Mannikin

Mannikin

Mannikin

 Rear Mannikins

 Rear Mannikin

 Rear Mannikin

 Rear Mannikin

A shot of both units


Well thats it I like how the stones turned out, I still like the basing, but I am not to impressed with my skin tones and the mannikins.  But they will work for now.   I am going start on the next batch on thurs.  Probably some smaller wolds and a warlock or blackclad, we will see.

later,