Monday, August 4, 2014

11 Days and counting...



Morning,

     So here I am looking at 11 days to go before Bayou Battles,


  • List turned in (I will put it a bit lower)
  • Hotel room reserved
  • Off of work...Which is good since I already reserved the room...
  • Army ready...........................not quite



So what am I taking?

Dwarfs.  After going back and forth a few times and even coming up with an idea I really liked ( which I had to file away, not enough time) I settled for taking my old dwarfs with a bit of a update.

I am rebasing them all already, but I am going to add a few new characters and some Gyrocoptors to update the list a bit.

2014 Bayou Battles

Dwarfs Roster

Runelord,  Shield   General
      1 Runic Weapon, Rune of Fire x2 
      1 Runic Armour, Rune of Stone Rune of Fortitude  
      1 Runic Talisman, Rune of Spellbreaking x2 

Thane Battle Standard Bearer 
      1 Runic Standard, Master Rune of Grungni 

Runesmith, Shield 
      1 Runic Armour, Rune of Stone 
      1 Runic Talisman, Rune of Spellbreaking

 Runesmith,  Shield 
      1 Fiery Ring of Thori, 
      1 Runic Armour, Rune of Stone
      1 Runic Talisman, Rune of the Furnace + Rune of Spellbreaking

Master Engineer, Dwarf Pistol
      1 Runic Armour, Rune of Impact +Rune of Stone

Master Engineer, Great Weapon
      1 Runic Armour,  Rune of Impact

23 Longbeards, Shield + Musician + Standard Bearer

23 Longbeards, Shield + Musician + Standard Bearer

28 Hammerers, Shield + Musician + Standard Bearer
      1 Runic Standard, Master Rune of Groth One-Eye

Gyrocopter

Gyrocopter

Gyrocopter

Organ Gun
      1 Engineering Runes, Rune of Accuracy + Rune of Burning

Organ Gun
      1 Engineering Runes, Rune of Accuracy

 Total Roster Cost: 2499

A nice tough core of units, with two organ guns which should shred things.  And three Gyros to slow/harass/annoy things.   I went with this due to models I had available and what I think will be easier to start picking up games again with.   I should have put in a few more warmachines, but I didn't want to drop anything else out.   I could possibly have dropped the Runelord, but I have a idea for a conversion, which I hope I can pull off in time...

I probably have way to much magic defense and not enough shooting.  I am also gonna try and get these all ready to go by next weds or so.  So maybe I can get a couple practice games in before rolling dice in a tournament.   

So what do I need to finish.
  • Rebase Longbeards and Hammerers and Organ Guns
  • Build Characters and Gyros
  • Build Movement trays
  • Paint said Characters and Movement trays
  • Spellbreaker tokens
  • Fill out and Double check army list in word
  • Build and paint Display tray

So lets go, I mean its not a tournament without a little last minute painting...